Sunday 27 January 2008

product of the night

touch my soul fast,
its not hard,
a few compliments and long words,
i'm yours,
you are proud of your goodbye,
finally you got it right,
tilting your head to the side,
your prizeworthy stare baring into me,
reading me like i am your victim,
i am your victim.

the fear of rejection building up inside me,
you've got me exactly where you want me this time,
no standing in a corner, no back against the wall,
no no, thats too cliche,
turn your back walk away,
i stand in the cold,
abandon me,
hearts race,
you're getting too good at this.

i move within a vector,
+3 to the right,
-10 downwards,
collapse into that familiar spiral,
here i go again,
learning something doesnt stop it from happening.

you glance in my direction,
caught me in the act....destroying,
loud screams like black trumpets,
forget your aim to impress,
your posture ruined,
once a companion,
today my worst nightmare.

slow down head,
mind,
brain,
breathe...1....2.....3,
you cut.deep,
everything spills out,
i am empty, vulnerable.

you left me in my state so unsure of yourself,
what happened brave soldier?
you know, the one that boasts the scars of victory,
freedom fighter or terrorist?
at night try and escape the demons of guilt,
sorry,
they're unwilling to leave you yet.

i am clean of you,
like paper clean of ink,
then why is this sheet splattered with black feelings?...

No comments: